Individual Cancer Insurance
Cancer Insurance has become available primarily due to the devastating nature of the disease on families.
A Group Cancer Insurance policy acts as a supplemental to current health insurance coverage, with the benefits described below:
Types of Coverage
- First occurrence payment. This is paid the when you are diagnosed with cancer and can be used for whatever you need.
- Hospital confinement. Pays a daily amount for every day you must stay in the hospital.
- Diagnostic testing and drugs. Pays an additional amount for diagnostic testing or drugs for cancer treatment while you are in the hospital
- Surgeon or physician. Pays a daily amount for an attending doctor or surgeon while in the hospital.
- Private nursing. Pays a daily amount for a private nurse (if needed) while in the hospital.
- Patient transportation. Pays for transportation by plane, train or bus if you need to travel for treatment.
- Family transportation and lodging. If you must travel a long distance this pays for an accompanying family member’s travel and accommodation.
- Nursing facility or hospice. Pays a daily amount for staying in an assisted living, nursing care facility or hospice.
- Surgical procedures.Pays amounts for surgery to assist in diagnosing and treating cancer and includes Anesthesia benefits.
- Cancer therapies. Pays a dollar amount for radiation, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplants, blood products and anti-nausea medication.
Click here to contact us via email or talk to one of our supplemental cancer insurance advisors via phone at 1.800.436.1213 (8am - 5pm CST)
Individual Health Information Resources
Medicare Supplement Insurance Resources